Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver worldclass outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to install, design, implement, upgrade, and optimize the performance of databases required to operate Allscripts' software solutions.
· Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance
· Ownership of assigned software and non-software deliverables
· Liaison with Business Analysts and/or internal / external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
· Production of accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
· Production, preparation and execution of unit test plans
· Production of efficient and fully documented code.
· Production of supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication
· Achievement of agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule and to defined quality standards
· Completion of all necessary software and non-software components in the timescales as defined by the Project Manager
· Ability to work with little day to day supervision from project and/or line manager Quality and Adherence to Standards
· Tech Specs, Code and/or Unit Test Plans produced are all in line with the Traceability Matrix/Functional Specification.
· Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
· Peer review and sign-off of others work
· Timely and accurate reporting of project status
· Production and revision of accurate detailed estimates
· Escalate product issues and suggest product improvements
· Escalate all issues in a timely fashion
· Mentor junior team members in best practices and standards
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant combination of training and education
· 6 plus years of technical experience in business intelligence software development
· In-depth knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services version 2008, 20012
· In-depth knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services version 2008, 20012
· Strong data warehouse dimensional modeling skills
· Strong report design and development skills utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services
· Strong ETL design and development utilizing SQL Server Integration Services
· Strong SQL design and development skills; experience in designing for performance
· Experience with full lifecycle development and using Agile methods.
· Experience with multi-tenant SaaS based solutions a plus.
· Experience with healthcare systems and technology a plus: Care Management, HL7, HIE, IHE, CCD.
· Excellent analytical, design and troubleshooting skills and server side debugging skills.
· Excellent research and analysis skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Self-motivated and tenacious when tackling tough technical issues.
· Ability to work closely within a team and collaborate with other.
· Ability to handle conflict, difficult situations, and urgent issues in a professional manner.
· Experience in working with offshore/distributed teams
· Minimal travel required
· Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Contact: John Kelly - firstname.lastname@example.org read more ...